Google Chrome continues to be my most well-liked web browser in late 2022. For the past couple yrs, I’ve been making use of a university-presented MacOS M1 MacBook Air laptop computer as my “daily driver” personal computer. Back in June 2015, I wrote the submit, 𔄟 Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions.” This is my update for November 2022, seven yrs later! These are Chrome extensions I use day by day, with the exception of Zotero, which I just use when I am producing more formally (in a person of my guides, for case in point) and want to produce formatted citations.
I want to share these Chrome extensions with my center school media literacy learners, so I designed a webpage on my new media literacy curriculum and lessons web site for “Google Chrome Extensions.” Here’s my checklist, with a limited description of each individual. All of these are Cost-free.
- UBlock Origin: A free and light-pounds (doesn’t need a lot memory) advertisement blocker.
- Earth See from Google Earth: Shows a diverse graphic from Google Earth every time you open up a new tab or window in Chrome.
- Extensity: Speedily switch Chrome Extensions on or off.
- Tab Suspender: Conserve memory in your internet browser / on your pc by “suspending” unused tabs automatically.
- ColorZilla: Quickly duplicate the HTML shade code from any part of a webpage.
- Zotero: Produce formatted citations for works cited / bibliography references. Involves separate software down load / set up.
- Conserve to Pocket: Preserve a webpage report into your “Pocket” record for afterwards distraction-no cost reading..
What Chrome browser extensions would make your particular “top rated seven listing” that I did not contain here?
If you loved this write-up and found it helpful, subscribe to Wes’ cost-free publication. Verify out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Enjoying with Media.” Details about much more methods to discover with Dr. Wesley Fryer are readily available on wesfryer.com/following.